Established in 1986, Dale Care is one of the leading care providers in the North East. Our home care services are targeted towards helping our service users to stay as independent as possible within the comfort of their own home.
About the Role
We are seeking to recruit a Home Manager to join our established team at our care facility in Byker. The facility specialises in giving elderly people with care needs a choice of lifestyles, supporting independence at the same time as providing access to professional carers for whatever personal needs might be required. The facility is committed to providing effective care methods that do not impede upon an individual’s satisfaction with their surroundings, with daily opportunities to socialise and become involved with activities and entertainments.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day running of the care service, ensuring the delivery of high end, quality care to service users which meets legislative requirements and the Care Quality Commission standards.
The Scheme Manager is responsible for working alongside Senior Managers to ensure the smooth running and development of the business.
· To ensure that a compliant, high quality and sustainable service is delivered from the branch.
· To actively participate in the growth and development of the business
· To develop and manage relationships with Service Users, Local Authorities, Families and Clients· Ensure the successful operation of quality control processes, safeguarding processes and health and safety requirements.
· To ensure that there is effective communication at all levels internally and externally.
· To work in partnership with the Care Quality Commission, HSE and Local Authority, ensuring all regulations and contract specifications are met.
· To effectively support, lead and motivate all staff providing supervision, guidance and advice when required, and following the Care Worker Pathway.
· To understand recruitment needs to ensure that there are sufficient resources at the branch which allows the branch to grow and conduct recruitment tasks when required.
· To ensure that care calls are scheduled effectively to meet the needs of the Service Users and provide emergency cover when required.
· To develop person-centred outcome-based care plans in conjunction with the Service User and their family, ensuring all information and risk assessments are contemporaneous through the Service User Pathway.
· To develop and grow a pipeline of talent in the branch through training and developing the team.
· To produce and interpret Management information so that the branch is continuously improving and exceeding targets set.
· To lead the branch with integrity and work in a calm, professional and exemplary manner
· To organise and actively promote activities and events for service users.
· To lead and manage Infection Control, Health and Safety and Fire Safety at all times.
· To proactively prepare inspections and audits in a timely manner through Improvements Plans and compiling folders.
· To ensure that any issues which arise are dealt with effectively and efficiently within the framework provided
· To investigate safeguarding and escalated complaints in detail providing an effective outcome and liaising with stakeholders and CQC when required.
· To monitor Compliance Trackers and Workflows ensuring that they are fully completed, and effective outcomes achieved.
· To participate in appointed meetings (Recruitment, Compliance, Governance, etc) and to organise regular admin team meetings (area supervisors, coordinators) completing and sharing minutes.
· To liaise with Training Department, to monitor Training Matrix and Shadowing.
· To ensure that the anti-bribery management system requirements are applied and complied with in their department or function.
· To be aware of, and comply with, the company’s anti-bribery management system, including:
o Carrying out the awareness training provided.
o Refusing to accept or make bribes.
o Reporting actual or attempted bribery, or other corrupt practices (there is a Whistleblowing mechanism for this)
- 25 days holidays plus bank holidays
- Employee Welfare Support Service
- Access to employee discounts with the Blue Light Card