As part of our continued expansion program in Domiciliary Care, Dale Care require an Infection Control Officer to join our team in County Durham.
Established in 1986 and with offices across the country, we are creating this additional role to support with the current pandemic and Infection Control Measures.
Reporting to the Registered Manager, the role will involve managing all aspects of Service Delivery for Service Users and employee management in a given geographical area.
More specifically, liaising with Dale Care service users and staff, local authorities and third-party professionals such as Social Workers, District Nurses, Care Connect and others.
The suitable applicant will have experience of working within a care environment, preferably domiciliary care, and have carried out tasks similar to those listed below.
Interviews are about to be scheduled so apply immediately if interested!
Duties will include, but not limited to:
· To support with Risk Assessments in line with current guidelines.
· To be responsible for the shadowing of new staff and their ongoing training in partnership with the Training Department.
· To carry out regular spot checks and observations in relation to infection control measures on staff and report any concerns
· To manage the Service User’s medication in partnership with care workers in line with the service user’s care plan and medication level. Highlighting any inconsistencies or errors, changes to service user’s needs or medication errors to the appropriate medical personnel, family members and social services as required.
· To input all paperwork onto the Dale Care system and use this to inform the Service Users Care Plan, focussing on outcome-based person-centred care.
· To organise and carry out Service User’s reviews, recording and reporting any changes to their needs, issues or concerns.
· To be responsible for giving feedback regarding any issues or changes regarding Service Users care to Social Workers, family members, care staff and other professionals involved.
· To ensure risk assessments relating to individual Service Users are updated as necessary following any hospital discharges or changes to their care.
· To assist with the reporting and investigation of any safeguarding concerns
· To support in the investigation of any complaints.
· To provide day to day support for staff and Service Users regarding concerns and complaints ensuring these are recorded and feedback given as required.
· Act as a safety net to assist with calls to Service Users due to emergencies i.e. sickness and holiday cover.
· Ensuring that the anti-bribery management system requirements are applied and complied with in their department or function.
Essential qualities and requirements:
- Full driving license with own car
- Must be able to work one weekend in four
- Standard hours are 9am to 5pm but must be flexible to amend shifts as per company requirements.
- Strong I.T skills
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Experience of managing a busy and demanding environment and work load
- Ability to work autonomously and be able to analyse a situation and take decisive action in a timely manner
- Ability to prioritise and plan tasks
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Flexible working to ensure all aspects of emergencies can be addressed.
- Ability to maintain a professional approach in all aspects of the role.
- Salary £21-22,000
- Company pension