Established in 1986, Dale Care is one of the leading care providers in the North East. Our home care services are targeted towards helping our service users to stay as independent as possible within the comfort of their own home.
About the Role
The successful applicant will have responsibility for coordinating and delivering training within a specific geographic area (although you will be expected to support across the entire region). The role will include responsibility for managing the delivery of training to all employees and ensuring that all our carers are suitably qualified to satisfy the immediate and future needs of the business. You will be responsible for ensuring that the business meets national care standards and legal requirements and that service user receives the care and support they need to lead dignified, fulfilling lives as far as they are able to.
our duties will include, but not limited to:
- To provide mandatory training to all new employees including first Aid and moving and handling training and identify potential risks and take remedial action.
- Complete refresher training, observe competencies in the community
- Plan, prepare and deliver induction and other training for care workers, supervisors and coordinators
- Promote anti-discriminatory practice and brand values during induction, any further training and in the application of all Dale Care policies and procedures
- Draw upon a range of methods to support staff to learn about best care practice, to keep their skills and knowledge up to date and to continue their professional development
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of training programmes. Provide reports to the registered manager and franchise owner. Make sure learning methods are cost effective and make improvements where necessary
- Assist with solving specific training requirements either on a one to one or group basis
- Build positive working relationships with staff and other professionals in the field of health and social care
- Liaise with the HR Department and Registered Managers to make sure staff receive appropriate induction training and ongoing support and to address any performance related matters
- Maintain accurate and up to date records relating to training and development
- Keep own practice and knowledge up to date through research, meetings and attending courses
Skills and Qualities
- Experience of delivering training in social care
- Professional, smart appearance
- Strong commitment to anti-discriminatory care and to promoting the rights of customers
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and keen to learn.
- Willingness to work flexibly and to keep knowledge and skills up to date
- Social care qualification, certificate or award in teaching, education, health and safety or coaching
- Experience in preparing and delivering training with the use of lesson plans and workshops
- 25 days holidays plus bank holidays
- Employee Welfare Support Service
- Access to employee discounts with the Blue Light Card