Care Worker – Weekends Only – January 2024 Start!
Paid training prior to starting work
Paid shadowing with an experienced staff member
Regular refresher training to ensure your skills and knowledge are kept up to date
Retail discounts (Blue Light Card)
Employee Health and Wellbeing Service
We work in partnership with International student with the right to work in the UK, alongside their studies.
Reporting to your Care Coordinator, the responsibilities of the Home Care Worker are:
- To carry out care and other tasks as specified in the Service User’s individual service/care plan, to a high standard in accordance with Company policies.
- Under guidance from management and health care professionals, take actions to enable the Service User to carry out as much self-care and other activities as possible.
- To contribute to accurate and detailed record keeping whilst maintaining the Service User’s privacy in accordance with the confidentiality policy.
- Where appropriate, under the guidance of the management, liaise with Service User’s relatives, G.P and other health professionals contributing to care, in order to promote good communication and quality of service.
- To take part in training as required by the management to improve personal skills and knowledge and to remain compliant to the required levels of training.
- Maintenance of the Service User’s individuality, dignity and freedom of choice by carrying out planned actions.
- To be aware of changes in the Service User’s general, emotional and mental health, and to take appropriate steps as required to ensure the Service Users wellbeing.
- To contribute to updating of Service User’s individual service/care plan, and to take part in any reassessment of Service User’s care needs.
- Where required, to assist with the Service User’s financial affairs, i.e. shopping or collecting benefits. To ensure that full and accurate records of transactions are kept for inspection and that adequate security for Service User’s monies and valuables is maintained.
- To be aware of Service User’s spiritual and religious needs and by liaison with the Service User, their relatives, friends and advisors, try to ensure that these needs are met to the Service User’s satisfaction.
- To be aware of the Service User’s need to develop and / or maintain social activities and individual social networks. By liaising with the Service User, their relatives, friends, professionals and other organisations, try to ensure that the Service User is enabled to fulfil these needs to their satisfaction.
- To log visits to Service Users who are wholly or part funded by Social Services, as directed by the management team.
- To maintain a safe working environment for yourself and those around you by following company Health and Safety and other related policies at all times.
- To assess, report and record any hazards and risks which may affect the health and safety of yourself and those around you.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Self-motivated and well-organised
- Caring and sensitive to the needs of others
- The ability to use your own initiative
- Having the ability to communicate effectively