Healthcare Assistant – Newton Aycliffe £8.60/hr
Hourly Rate: £8.60/ hour (+22p/ mile)
Are you looking for a role that is rewarding and provides a sense of satisfaction? Are you looking for a unique and varied role? If the answer to these questions is ‘yes’, then a role in care could be for you!
We are recruiting for Health Care Assistants to join our growing team. Established in 1986, Dale Care is one of the leading home care providers in County Durham and Gateshead, helping our service users to stay as independent as possible within the comfort of their own home.
Your role in brief
Our Health Care Workers have the chance to make a real difference to people’s lives, both at home and supporting them in the community. This is a role that varies from day-to-day helping the more vulnerable in our society, offering a sense of satisfaction that is difficult to match.
As a healthcare assistant you will travel to the individual’s own home and assist them with daily tasks as agreed between the customer and Dale Care.
The primary focus of the role will be to assist with CHC (continuing healthcare referrals). This will include providing end of life and palliative care and also specialist / complex care including PEG feeding,
It’s essential that all Dale Care Worker applicants possess the following qualities:
- You must hold a full driving licence and have access to a car– please do not apply if you do not meet this requirement
- Self-motivated and well-organised
- Caring and sensitive to the needs of others
- The ability to use your own initiative
- Having the ability to communicate effectively
Whilst previous care experience would be advantageous, is not essential as you will receive;
- One full week of training (paid) prior to starting work
- Shadowing (paid) with an experienced staff member
- Regular refresher training to ensure your upkeep of skills and knowledge, on-going continuing personal development
- Opportunity to study towards a free diploma in Health and Social Care
Hourly Rate: £8.60/ hour + 22p/ mile
Hours/ Working Pattern available
Full time: between 7am – 1pm / 3-10pm Monday to Friday + alternate weekends
Part-time: between 7am – 1pm or 6-10pm Monday to Friday + alternate weekends (7 days on/ 7 days off pattern available)