Area Supervisor (Care) – Gateshead
New year, new job! Don’t wait until the new year, apply now to start in January
Role: Area Supervisor
Hours: 40 hours/ week Monday – Friday (plus one weekend in four)
Established in 1986, Dale Care is one of the leading home care providers in County Durham and Gateshead. Our home care services are targeted towards helping our service users to stay as independent as possible within the comfort of their own home.
The purpose of the role is to manage all aspects of service delivery for service users and employee management in a given geographical area. The role will involve liaising Dale Care service users, employees & management as well as third party professionals such as Social Workers, District Nurses, hospitals,
Key responsibilities will include:
- To manage and carry out the initial visit process, completing all paperwork as directed by the Company.
- To manage the service user’s medication in partnership with care workers in line with the service user’s care plan and medication level. Highlighting any inconsistencies or errors, changes to service user’s needs or medication errors to the appropriate medical personnel, family members and social services as required.
- To input all initial visit paperwork onto the Dale Care system and use this to inform the Service Users Care Plan, focusing on person centred care.
- To organise and carry out Service User’s reviews, recording and reporting any changes to their needs, issues or concerns.
- To be responsible for giving feedback regarding any issues or changes regarding Service Users care to Social Workers, family members, care staff and other professionals involved.
- To ensure risk assessments relating to individual Service Users are updated as necessary following any hospital discharges or changes to their care.
- To assist with the reporting and investigation of any safeguarding concerns
- To support in the investigation of any complaints.
- To be responsible for the shadowing of new staff and their ongoing training in partnership with the Training Department.
- To carry out regular spot checks and observations on staff and report any concerns
- To provide day to day support for staff and Service Users regarding concerns and complaints ensuring these are recorded and feedback given as required.
The suitable applicant will have experience of working within a care environment, preferably domiciliary care, and have carried out tasks similar to those listed above. Please note that the role requires that you have your own transport and be able to drive.