Finance Administrator- Crook
Established in 1986, Dale Care is one of the leading home care providers in County Durham and Gateshead. Our home care services are targeted towards helping our service users to stay as independent as possible within the comfort of their own home.
About the Role
As a result of continued expansion we are seeking to recruit an additional finance administrator on a permanent basis to work within our finance team. Reporting to the finance manager, you will be working from our head office in Crook and is an excellent opportunity to join an expanding business.
The role will involve carrying out both administrative duties within the finance department as well reception duties, including dealing with visitors to the office. Within the role you will be liaising with employees of Dale Care as well as external parties, such as clients and local councils, to resolve issues.
Your duties will include:
- Dealing with employee wage queries regarding hours worked, wages, mileage and holiday entitlement
- Reconciling carer hours, ensuring that carers are paid the correct amount
- Dealing with unreconciled and missed calls and allocating accordingly
- Monitoring journal and handover notes to help identify any issues or discrepancies
- Identifying issues and discrepancies (i.e. with invoices, calls), taking full responsibility for these and ensuring that they are investigated, followed up and an outcome achieved within agreed timescales
- Communicating with and chasing up of internal and external parties to resolve issues and ensure that a satisfactory outcome is achieved.
- Allocating extra time to carers in calls
- Ensuring that all information is recorded on system for future reference
- Sending direct debit forms to bank
- Social Services billing and invoicing of clients
- Chasing up outstanding invoices
- Printing of Payslips
- Delivering an induction to finance for new carers and setting up of new carers on interface
- Reception duties including taking calls and transferring to the relevant member of staff
- Private contracts/debit forms
- General administrative duties
The suitable candidate will have previous finance and administration experience. You will have worked in a busy, high volume role and be able to demonstrate the ability to multi-task and work independently. You will need to be able to demonstrate the ability to take ownership of queries and follow them through to completion. As the role will require some reception duties you will also require strong customer service and communication skills. Attention to detail and an investigative nature is also essential.
Experience of working in the care industry would be desirable, as would knowledge of the use of Staffplan.
- Previous finance experience within a similar role
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Experience of managing a busy work load
- An investigative nature
- Ability to work autonomously and prioritise tasks
- An investigative nature
- Strong I.T. skills
To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your salary expectations in your email.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we expect to receive, only those candidates who are successful in being shortlisted will be contacted.